A delicious new way to flavor up your pork chop. Add a tantalizing red balsamic glaze to your pork chop and watch the smiles appear!
For Balsamic Glaze:
1/2 cup Sonoran Desert Red Apple Balsamic
1/3 cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
1/3 cup Apple Cider or Apple Juice
2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
For Pork Chops:
4 Boneless, Center-Cut Pork Loin Chop (1/2 to 3/4 Inches Thick)
1 Tbs Sonoran Desert Portuguese Cobrancosa EVOO
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Combine all glaze ingredients in a medium bowl; whisk thoroughly and set aside.
2. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels; season both sides generously with Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper.
3. Heat Sonoran Desert Portuguese Cobrancosa EVOO in heavy-bottomed 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops to skillet and sear until well browned on one side, (4 to 6 minutes). Turn pork chops over and cook 1 minute longer; transfer chops to plate and pour off any oil remaining in the skillet.
4. Return pork chops to skillet, browned side up. Pour on glaze mixture; cook over medium heat until the center of each pork chop registers 140 degrees, (5 to 8 minutes). Remove skillet from heat; transfer pork chops to clean platter, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
5. After chops have rested, add any accumulated juices from platter to skillet and set over medium heat. Simmer, whisking constantly, until glaze is thick and color of dark caramel, 2 to 6 minutes. Return chops to skillet; turn to coat both sides with glaze. Serve immediately.
6. Serve with oven roasted vegetables or fresh garden salad. Enjoy!